Sunday, October 3, 2010

Eliana's Party

We had Eliana's 1st birthday party yesterday. I made her the red and white dress, hoping to have her look nice and summery, but had to transform it into a winter outfit at the last minute. It turned from 25C/75F and sunny in the morning to about 12C/55F and rainy in time for her 5pm party. We planned to have the party at the local park under cover and didn't have a wet weather plan as it hadn't rained for about 3 months. I guess we forgot there was such a thing! Praise the Lord for life giving rain :).


It cleared up enough to go ahead with the outdoor bbq plan though. Thanks to all the troopers who turned up! We shared Eliana's day with 2 friends that just turned one, Eowyn and Grace.
Below we are blowing out their candles after singing happy birthday. I made Eliana a pumpkin cheesecake, as cheesecake is one of my favourite desserts (and I figured it had a tad bit more nutrition than a cake :). It didn't look the greatest but I guess it was a hit as I came home with an empty tray!
My champion husband mastered the bbq and faced the cold with bare arms as he selflessy lent his jacket to someone else. I love that man. It turned out being a really great time, despite our hopes and prayers for the weather to be nice. God always knows what's best :)

No comments:

Post a Comment