Sunday, August 26, 2012

Little Lilah

Lilah has had a rough few weeks due to some kind of stomach bug but, thanks to the prayers of many, finally seems to be on the mend. She has currently got a ferocious appetite (she eats more brekky than daddy!) which may be her little body catching up, and she is once again her bubbly self.

Eliana now seems to have picked up whatever Lilah had. Having my girls sick is a weak point in my life. I always knew that such times would cause some of my biggest struggles in Mozambique. But the Lord has given me a theme verse for the days that our precious girls are sick:

For this light momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison, as we look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen. For the things that are seen are transient, but the things that are unseen are eternal.
2 Corinthians 4:17-18
And as a dear friend who has faced much affliction reminded me, "He is worthy of our affliction!"

And, as always, our girls handle their sickness much better than their mama does!

No comments:

Post a Comment