Thursday, April 8, 2010

6 months

Eliana had her 6 month check up last week.

Her 'data':
weight - 12lb 10 oz/6 kg = 0 percentile!
length - 26 inches/67.5 cm = 75th percentile
head circumference - 16.25 inches/41.5 cm = 10th - 25th percentile

hmmm... tall and skinny. Remind you of anybody?

The doctor wasn't concerned about her weight. She said Eliana is a 'normal baby' in every other respect and that she doesn't look malnourished. Well... that's good.... I guess:) I confess that I did cry quite a bit because of Eliana's low weight but I'm slowly coming to terms with the fact that Eliana is just a little baby.

She has started sitting up. She is still a bit wobbly but gets stronger and better at it each day. It must be that hard training her Daddy puts her through each morning. She'd probably be walking by now if Nate was the one home with her all day:)



She started solid food on her 6 month 'birthday'. She loves it! Her face was hilarious the first time she tasted it (butternut squash). A little uncertain but then a huge, delighted grin. I wish I had the video camera rolling. I had to take a photo of her face when she tried avocado and yogurt (above). She was not happy! We'll have to work on that:)

1 comment:

  1. lexi and jack were both low weight - we worked SO hard with both of them and i cried many many tears over it - but they are both totally fine now and are developmentally normal (perfect in my "mommy opinion") eliana looks SO beautiful and happy and PERFECT!!!!!

    ReplyDelete